In 1959, in the period when Apolon Kutateladze was the Rector, chairs of various art fields were established, which in 1961 along with the existing Department of Ceramics set up the Faculty of Decorative-Applied Arts. the initiators of creating the Faculty were: the Rector os the Academy of Arts Apolon Kutateladze and the artist and teacher Davit Tsitsishvili.
The Faculty comprises eight directions:
Artistic Processing of Wood and Furniture Design
Jewellery and Metal Decorative Plastics
Research Laboratory of Blue Table-Cloth